SafeK9 General Terms & Policies
The purpose of the SAFEK9 EDUCATION & DOG CARE CENTRE is to provide a fun, home-like atmosphere including canine enrichment, learning activities and supervised group play. To ensure the health, happiness, and safety of your dog and of our other guests, we require all our clients to comply with the following rules and regulations.
Application: By completing our application and enrolling your dog(s) at SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre, you agree to our Rules and Regulations as well as our Acknowledgement Waiver and Limitation of Liability.
Application Fee: There is a non-refundable application fee of $49.00+ tax upon registering and booking your dog for our daycare services.
Abandonment: In the event, that an owner/guardian abandons his/her dog while being cared for at SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre, SafeK9 reserves the right to keep and foster the abandoned dog until a suitable home is found.
Behaviour: We do not accept reactive or aggressive dogs or dogs with severe separation anxiety. If a dog becomes aggressive or develops unacceptable behaviour, we reserve the right to remove the dog. (i.e. behaviour related health issues, excessive mounting, marking). The health, happiness, and safety of all our dog clients are our main priority.
Cancellations: To maintain a high level of service, our clients pay for guaranteed weekly daycare (minimum 1x per week) spots. We are unable to offer credit within 24 hours of your booked dog daycare. Cancellations in advance of 24 hours will be credited towards a future visit, but no refunds will be offered. In the case of cancellation due to circumstances not under SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre’s control, a credit will be applied for a future visit. No-shows or late cancellations will not be refunded or credited.
Consulting: Consulting and opinions given by Cathy Lehtonen of SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre on services outside of its core services (i.e. diet and nutrition, vaccines, other dog business services) are given a purely personal opinions and experiences basis and not on a professional consult. For any health concerns please consult your vet. I am happy to refer you to a few veterinarians I have personally used in the area.
Client Responsibility: Clients are responsible for their dog’s actions and behaviour at all times. By registering for our daycare, or other activities and services you are agreeing to this and agreeing that you assume full legal, moral, and financial responsibility for all actions and behaviours of your dog and agree to assume all risks involved.
Daycare Trial: To ensure the safety and happiness of all our guests, we use the first day or two as assessment day(s). You will be expected to pick your dog up during the day if we feel our environment is not a good fit for your dog, and no refund will be given.
Dogs: All dogs on the property must be on leash until checked-in at reception or, unless specifically instructed otherwise. All behavioural and health concerns (i.e. seizures, allergies) must be disclosed in writing prior to the commencement of daycare, or other activities and services.
Emergencies: In the event of an emergency we will call you before we take your dog to your vet therefore, it is imperative that we have up-to-date emergency contact information on file. In a life-threatening emergency, your dog will be transported to a vet closest to our facility.
Food & Meal Enrichment: All dogs should eat a minimum of one hour prior to attending daycare to allow proper digestion before play and exercise. It is not necessary to force your dog to eat before coming to daycare.
All clients must provide a premade frozen kong (or similar) or bring food to be prepared for enrichment by our staff for an additional $5.00+tax. We will implement meal enrichment activities with the food or kong you provide for “lunch.”
Health: All dogs must be in good health. Owners will need to certify that their dog(s)is/are in good health and have not been ill in the last 30 days. On admission, all dogs must be free from any condition that could potentially jeopardize other dogs. (eg. Puppy papilloma, lice, fleas, coughing or colds).
Dogs that have been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days will require veterinarian certification of health to return to daycare or overnight stays. Once checked in, please alert staff to any change in your dog’s health that requires medication, even if we will not be required to administer it.
If your dog is not feeling well, i.e. vomiting or diarrhea, please do not bring him/her to daycare.
Hours for Daycare: Monday to Friday from 7:30 am – 5:30 pm; Saturday & Sunday by prearranged appointment only.
Hygiene: All dogs must be clean and in good condition before entering SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre. If it is determined that the dog will need a bath before entering, the owner will have the option to agree to a bath at their expense, or the dog will not be permitted to enter.
Identification: All dogs must have a flat collar with a tag with their name and contact number on it. It is preferred, but not mandatory by SafeK9 that your dog is licensed in your jurisdiction.
If your dog arrives without a flat collar, one will be provided for their visit. Collars with extra loops or chains can be a serious hazard and danger to our dog guests when participating in group play.
Payment: We accept VISA/MasterCard through our Gingr booking system. Payment is required upon booking a reservation to secure your dog’s spot.
All services and products must be paid for at the time of purchase. No accounts will be made for products or services rendered. Daycare Packages are available through or Gingr booking system.
Photograph & Video Release: Photographs and/or video footage may occasionally be taken of dogs or other related activities. Clients give permission for any resulting photographs or videos containing images of their dogs to be used for advertising, educational material, or promotional purposes.
Pick Up: We require a list of all people approved to pick up your dog. Dogs must be picked up between 3:30 pm – 5:30 pm for Full Day Daycare.
If you are running behind, we do require a quick text message. There will be an additional charge of $2.50 per minute after pick-up time ends at 5:30 pm.
No pick-ups after 5:30 pm unless prearranged with management. If not prearranged the dog guest(s) will require an overnight stay at the dog owner’s expense.
Puppies: Puppies must be 12 weeks of age and have their second set of vaccinations before entering daycare.
Rates, Returns, & Refunds: Our rates are subject to change at any time. There are daily daycare rates and discounted prepaid packages available. Prices DO NOT include HST. There are no refunds 24 hours before a scheduled reservation. If you need to cancel, please do so with adequate notice to avoid deduction of a paid credit or daycare charge. Daycare packages are non-refundable but can be transferred to another Safek9 client.
Reception Hours: Our reception area is open from 7:30 am to 9:00 am and from 3:30 pm until closing at 5:30 pm. We are always available for clients during business hours, just text or email ahead.
Refusal of dog guests: SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre reserves the right to refuse any dog.
Registration: The following must be submitted before your dog attends daycare:
- consult & tour
- registration fee
- current vaccines and flea and tick preventative
- signed waiver and policies
- reservations prepaid
Sex: All dogs must be spayed or neutered by eighteen months of age if undesirable behaviours persist (mounting, marking, starting altercations). Some exceptions may apply. In the event we have made an exception, we will take reasonable precautions to separate intact dogs when necessary. We do require that in heat females stay home. Though we do implement precautions, SafeK9 will not be held responsible in the event of an unplanned pregnancy.
Vaccinations: We require proof of Distemper (CDV), Parvovirus (CPV), Infectious Hepatitis (ICH), Parainfluenza, (CPI) as well as Flea, Lice, Tick prevention and rabies. Please bring in proof when you come or ask your vet to email it directly to us. We also accept current Titers tests. We recommend vaccinations for Leptospirosis and Bordetella; however, we understand that there are more strains of kennel cough than vaccines for it, meaning, that even dogs with the bordetella vaccine are still vulnerable to getting a strain. Please consult your veterinarian for guidance on what is best for your dog regarding Bordetella. Any pets entering the facility with lice or fleas will be sent home at the owners’ expense.
Flea, Lice, Tick and Heartworm Prevention: We are in a heavily wooded area. It is your responsibility to treat your dog for the aforementioned. Please consult with your veterinarian about which prevention is right for your dog. SafeK9 is not responsible if your dog acquires the aforementioned and will require you to pick up your dog in the event we find evidence of fleas or lice.
SafeK9 Waiver and Limitation of Liability
In consideration of SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre’s agreement to carry out certain services for my dog, I hereby acknowledge and agree as follows:
- I will be completely responsible for the actions of my dog if it causes any damage whatsoever, including but not limited to property damage, injury to other dogs or injury to people while in the care of SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre.
- I agree to indemnify SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre, for any loss, costs, damages, or expenses of any kind whatsoever that it may suffer as a result of me or my dog while in the care of SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre.
- I will immediately advise SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre of any problems with my dog that could affect its behaviour, health, or suitability for on and off-leash activities.
- In the event of illness or injury, I authorize SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre to take my dog to the veterinarian clinic that I have provided information for.
- I agree to pay all veterinarian costs for care required or advised, in the opinion of the veterinarian.
- I agree that SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre will try to contact me at the telephone numbers I have provided if my dog must be taken to the veterinarian. If I am unreachable at the numbers provided, SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre is authorized to contact the emergency contact I provided to the facility and I agree to pay for all such care.
- I understand that having my dog in the company and environment of other dogs may involve risks regarding the contraction of illness not preventable by regular vaccinations. I agree that I will not hold SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre responsible in the event my dog contracts any illness.
- I understand that SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre uses dog-safe essential oils through water diffusion in the facility, and I agree to the use of safely diluted essential oils on my dog to provide natural support for health, emotion, or behaviour while attending daycare or an overnight stay.
- I acknowledge that SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre will not be liable to me for any loss, costs, damages or expenses of any kind whatsoever, including without limitation any claim, loss, damage or expense relating to the services provided to me or my dog, which I or it may suffer, sustain, pay or incur, except to the extent that such loss, costs, damages or expenses are caused by the gross negligence or willful acts or omissions by SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the liability of SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre will be limited to the value of the services provided.
- SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages occurring out of, or in connection with its performance or nonperformance of the services (including fundamental breach).
- Although we carefully screen all applicants, occasionally we discover that this is not an appropriate environment for a dog. SafeK9 Education & Dog Care Centre reserves the right to permanently remove a dog from daycare at any time. In the event your dog is unable to return due to behaviour issues, daycare packages are not refundable, only transferable.
- I certify that I have read and understand the rules and regulations set forth herein and that I have read and understand this agreement. I agree to abide by the rules and regulations and accept all the terms, conditions and statements of this agreement and confirm the truthfulness of the contents of the Application completed by me. I am of the full age of eighteen years of age.